hey hey hey

BASKETBALL STARTED AND I'M SO HAPPY HOPEFULLY WE GET TO PLAY A GAME WITH THE BOYS SOON!!!!!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Puff Ball Scarf

What you'll need is scissors, ruler, thin yarn, and puff ball tool (right). You can cut the puff ball tool out of cardboard.
Or you can purchase the the American Girl crafts pom-pom scarves kit.
step 1: the length of the pom-poms differ between your scarf and your dolls. For your scarf each pom-pom will be 42 foot long. For your doll's scarf you'll use 10 feet of yarn for each pom-pom.
step 2: wrap the long piece of yarn around the pom-pom tool and hang on to the ends. When done measure a 2 feet piece of yarn, the lengths don't differ in scarves (we used different color so you could see the difference in strings). String that piece under the wrapped yarn and out the other side.Fold in half at top and tie a loose knot.
step 3: slip the pom-pom of the tool and have a friend put their finger on the loose knot. Tie a tighter knot over the loose knot. Trim the longer pieces of yarn.


step 4: cut the loops at the top and trim the longer pieces.
step 5: fluff out the pom-pom to make it look like one.

step 6: if you have a large needle use it for this step.

step 7: tie piece of 20 inch piece of yarn for your dolls yarn, and 50 inches for your scarf. String the yarn through the needle
.
step 8: sew the needle through the middle of the pom-pom.

step 9: thread the pom-poms in the pattern of your choice.
!Done!
I hope you enjoyed this project and if you keep you tool you can make more than one scarf. Join us next time for some more fun with your doll.

2 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I love this! I can't wait to see it all done! Mal would totally love it! What a fun post! LOVE YOU SISTER!

Patti said...

I want to see the finished scarf. I sure miss you guys!